Staff Software Engineer
Be part of the founding team as we embark on a mission to be the home of engagement and insight for every business and consumer, every day and everywhere.
We are seeking pioneers with the grit and passion to build the next generation customer engagement and marketing platform to serve millions of customers and merchant partners across Southeast Asia. It really is Day One, as we seek to disrupt traditional methods of customer engagement and loyalty, leveraging innovative partnership models and cutting-edge AI/ML techniques applied to the largest datasets to deliver unique value to our customers and partners.
We are looking for a "10x multiplier" - an individual with an insatiable intellectual curiosity and a heart for people, and therefore able to dramatically amplify the team's effectiveness.
Are you up for the challenge?
- You’ll be involved in defining technical strategy for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems.
- You’ll participate in the strategic development of methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for projects and programs.
- You'll brainstorm with Product Managers, Designers, and Frontend Engineering to conceptualize and build new features for our large (and growing!) user base.
- You’ll actively own features or systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems.
- You'll assist our skilled support team and operations team in triaging and resolving production issues.
- You’ll develop & implement tests for ensuring the quality, performance, & scalability of our application.
- You’ll proactively identify problems and take the lead to resolve them.
- You’ll make a broader impact beyond your own team by technical empowerment, knowledge sharing, and cultural stewardship.
- You'll mentor other engineers and deeply review code.
- You’ll improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
What you should have:
- You’ve been building web applications professionally for 8+ years. (Experience with large distributed systems and cloud infrastructure is a big plus.)
- You have experience with functional or imperative programming languages -- e.g., Python, Ruby, Go, C, or Java.
- You can lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions within your team.
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- You are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages and distributed systems.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- You have experience with modern DevOps tools such as Terraform, Helm, and CloudFormation. You are also deeply familiar with AWS offerings.