This role will suit an individual who has a passion for Data Science and the emerging technologies across the Data Analytics landscape. If you are a Data Developer and have a good blend of Python, Unix, SSIS, PL/SQL Strong SQL & ETL this role could be ideal for you.
For an immediate telephone, we require the following skills:
- Degree or commercial understanding of Data Science/ IT related field
- Data science awareness and logical thinking across this subject.
- Understanding and use of SQL and relational databases
- Relational database performance and tuning using indices, statistics and query analysis
- Python programming
- Keen for continued learning across emerging data science technologies.
- Ideally 4 - 7 years' experience however some flexibility for excellent Computer Science graduate with knowledge of above skill set.
The core responsibilities for this Data Developer are as follows:
- Help to evaluate the current Data Infrastructure and improve the current infrastructure including the current data stores and processes.
- Identify best practice Database & ETL development including stored procedures, queries and performance tuning using SQL and ETL tools.
- Look to embark on new ideas & methods when creating data models to solve specific problems or new initiatives as well as maintaining the current data structures and reports.
- As part of a small team, come in and help shape the 'To-Be' future state data architecture.
- Help to evaluate 'As-IS' current data infrastructure and promote best practice processes to create a world class data environment.
- Help to recommend new products for implementation into the business