Data Modeler - Technology Consulting - Data and Analytics - Hong Kong
Our client , one of the Big-4 Consulting firm are currently looking for a Data Modeler to join their Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics (DnA) team in the Hong Kong office.
You will be a part of their flagship data and advanced analytics capability.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Data Modeler, you will work on the development of conceptual, logical, and physical data models and the design of RDBMS, operational data store (ODS), data marts and data lakes on target Big Data Platform.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Define data structures, end-to-end data flow and pattern mapping against the business requirements
- Work with functional analysts to translate business knowledge information models
- Design and develop data structures and processes for end-to-end solutions
- Map process patterns at each stage of the end-to-end data flow
- Provide guidance and QA on data mappings
Skills and Attributes for Success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the Data and Analytics domain with at least 3 years' experience working as a data modeler
- Good understanding of business process reengineering and business modeling concepts, business systems development and analysis
- Experience working with Data Modelling tools like Erwin, ER/Studio or any other similar tools
- Strong in define and develop dimensional data models and schemas
- Familiar with different Data Model Design such as Data Vault, InMon and Kimball with the ability to recommend the best fit option for the client’s data architecture and business scenario
- Fluency in English, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Exceptional communicational skills to build strong working relationship with technical and business client counterparts
- Knowledge and experience in end-to-end data project delivery
- Industry data domain knowledge for data model design, including but not limited to insurance, banking and telecommunications sector
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving analytical capabilities as a Data Modeler