Senior Data Scientist - Technology Consulting - Data and Analytics - Hong Kong
Our client , one of the Big-4 Consulting firm are currently looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join their Technology Consulting – Data and Analytics (DnA) team in the Hong Kong office.
You will be a part of their flagship data and advanced analytics capability.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a Senior Data Scientist , you will be the technical leader for advanced analytics, data science or data engineering within the data & analytics team in Hong Kong. You will work with broader DnA team to deliver solutions utilizing leading big data platforms and cloud technologies.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Lead the advanced analytics and data science capabilities or the data engineering projects
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to understand their business requirements and apply the latest AI, data science, advanced analytics and data solution to provide actionable insights to clients
- Lead the design and development of advanced statistical models to deliver effective predictive models and be able to clearly explain the model strengths and weaknesses to both technical and senior business stakeholders
- Lead the design and development of Enterprise Data Platform solutions to support clients’ major data transformation programmes
- Participate in sales pursuits and business development opportunities for advanced analytics work as well as supporting wider data and analytics projects and opportunities
Skills and Attributes for Success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- At least 5 years' experience in delivering advanced analytics / machine learning / complex data integration projects
- Experience in leading a team of Data Analysts / Data Scientists / Data Engineers to successful project delivery
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM and Decision Forests etc.
- Familiar with machine learning algorithms and platforms, neural network such as Tensor flow, Caffe and CNTK etc.
- Strong skills in one of the common data science toolkits such as Python and R etc.
- Solid skills in SQL and proficiency in one of the programming languages such as Python / Scala, C#, Java and C++.
- For Senior Data Engineer, strong skills in designing Enterprise Data Warehouse architecture, strong skills in designing and implementing data storage (such as Azure SQL Data Warehouse, AWS Redshift and Oracle), expert in one or more data integration technologies (such as Azure Data Factory, Informatica, Datastage, Microsoft SSIS and Talend) and experience in data model design for visualization
- Experience in handling unstructured data and structured data with large, complex and multiple data sets from various sources
- Experience in working with real-time, near real-time, MQ and streaming solutions utilizing technologies such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis, Azure Event Grid/Hub, Service Bus and Spark Streaming
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills for both technical and business audiences
- Fluency in English, Mandarin or Cantonese preferred
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Exceptional communication, written and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in some of the key AI platforms such as IBM Watson, Microsoft Azure, Google API AI and Facebook AI etc.
- Demonstrable experience as the technical SME for advanced analytics business pursuits
- Track record of delivering complex end-to-end data projects from source systems to consumption layer