• Hands-on role, leading the development team based in APAC responsible for design, development and maintenance of Next Generation Global Algorithmic Trading platform and trading strategies.
• Work closely with Quants on implementation of trading algorithms, models, and analytical signals.
• Work with Product and Sales teams on client requests and algo customizations.
• Establish best practices and coordinate development of global products with regional teams.
• Constantly evaluate and optimize software development, testing and release practices to improve flexibility and agility.
• Ensure trading platform and strategies meet all regulatory control and testing requirements.
• Provide L3 support for local Trading Desks.
• BS/BA degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related Engineering field.
• At least 7 years’ experience developing low latency trading strategies in Equities, Futures or Listed Derivatives (execution algorithms, prop strategies, risk trading, smart routing etc.), 3+ yrs. in leading/managing a team of 5 or more developers with a track record of attracting talent.
• Proven track record in designing, developing, and implementing of trading strategies such as benchmark tracking, liquidity seeking and dark aggregation algorithms.
• Has intimate knowledge of APAC lit and dark market micro-structure, order types, liquidity, market data and regulatory matters (SFC, ASIC, JDSA requirements etc.)
• Prior experience in efficient implementation of quantitative models, performing statistical data analysis, building/using data visualization tools and conducting simulation and back-testing of strategies.
• Expert proficiency with computer technologies including Java, Linux, and OO Design with a focus on performance, re-usability, test automation and flexibility for customizations.
• Excellent communication skills, stakeholder management, and establishing strong cross-team working relationships.
• Experience with planning and executing product roadmaps, forecasting, risk management etc.
• Experience in Agile Methodologies.
• Experience with low latency messaging products, such as Solace and 29West.
• Knowledge of event-driven (pub/sub) programming models.
• Experience dealing with Global Technology teams.